November 1, 2021
Providing Amazon-Level Customer Service
Amazon is the gold standard for customer service. Want to know why?
On Amazon, you can serve yourself whenever you want.
Imagine: you suddenly remember that you need to send a gift to a family member at midnight. For those last minute gifts, you often turn to Amazon. And by what seems like magic, you can have it wrapped and shipped directly to that person as soon as the next morning. There are no lines, no pressure, and it’s all in your hands. You did the entire transaction yourself. No one helped you, and yet, you’re satisfied because you got what you needed when you needed it.
Amazon is always available.
Now, imagine doing that for your customers. How can you shift your business model so that you are “available” to customers at all hours, any day?
The first thing you will need is an online rental tool that has the following features:
- Available inventory levels
- Even when Amazon is out of stock of some items, they offer alternatives as well. Showcasing your inventory of units allows those who need to rent a unit now, know exactly what you have and the cost.
- Instant Purchase
- More and more, people are used to being able to get what they want, when they want it. From food delivery to next day shipping, instant gratification is key to closing leads. How many people have looked at your facility but then rented elsewhere, because they could do it online and right then?
- Terms and Conditions
- You need to let your customers sign the lease agreement, understand how they get into your facility, and any rules they need to follow. Inform them of your hours and how to get a hold of you if they need help.
- Bonus: Follow Up
- Amazon sends follow ups via email, text, and even their Alexa devices. How are you asking your customers about their experience? A simple email with a 1 – 5 question survey can help you to improve your process and ensure greater customer satisfaction and retention.
How does your self storage business stack up in the digital age?